BTC Spring Hopper
2020 BTC Spring Hopper
It’s back! Mark your calendars for the 6th Annual BTC Spring Hopper!
Saturday, June 6th 2020
Registration is OPEN!
What is the BTC Spring Hopper?
The event is a CrossFit partner competition featuring 3 WODs drawn from the hopper on the day of the event. Partners will compete in 3 unknown hopper-style CrossFit WODs for podium glory. WODs may be scaled, but then you are not eligible for the podium.
New this year: Partners may be male/female, male/male or female/female all competing against each other for the podium. Weights/heights/etc will be adjusted for men and women.
Unknown, what?!? That’s right, you will not know the events until competition day because the event movements will be pulled out of the hopper just like in the 2007 CrossFit Games.
The competition has 3 divisions:
- Masters (75 years or older combined age)
- Legends (100 years or older combined age)
Movement standards and WOD weights will be the same for each division, however there will be an Open Podium, Masters Podium and Legends Podium.
Be prepared for any physical contingency—prepare not only for the unknown but for the unknowable. – Greg Glassman CrossFit Founder and CEO
Saturday June 6th, 2020
$130 per team
Registration includes an event shirt for the guys and tanks for the gals.
Event Day Information
- 8:00 am – Registration opens. Check-in, pick up your shirt/tank, sign waivers and setup your athlete camp in the designated areas.
- 8:30 am – National Anthem, General Announcements, Floater WOD and WOD 1 will be pulled out of the Hopper. Movement standards review and demonstration. Equipment set up.
- Heat times will be posted shortly after Floater WOD and WOD 1 are pulled out of the Hopper.
- 9:30 am WOD 1 begins.
- 9:30 am – 1:10 pm Floater WOD Opens. Sign up for your time slot outside at the Floater WOD table.
- 1:30 pm – Final WOD will be pulled out of the Hopper. Final heats will be determined based on team ranking in each division.
- 4:30 pm (or earlier) – Awards
- Following the Awards join us for the Cool Down Party at Grimm Brothers Brewhouse!
- 623 Denver Ave Loveland, Colorado
*All times are approximate. We will move ahead of schedule when possible.
- Parking: Please park in one of the following areas: Big Thompson CrossFit 2432 E 13th Street Loveland, CO; along Des Moines Ave (runs North/South next to BTC); across the street in the bank parking lot. Do not park in front of any business in the area. Do not park in the back alley.
- Athlete Village: Athletes can set up tents directly in front of BTC in the grass, on the side of the building in the grass or directly behind BTC in the alley. First come, first serve. Do not set up gym tents in parking spots please. Athletes will not be able to set up camps inside the gym.
- Dogs: We love dogs, but no dogs are allowed in the gym during the competition.
- Registration: Will begin at 8:00 am. If you fail to register at our Athlete Check in table, you will not be able to compete.
- Warm Up Area: Directly behind BTC in the back alley.
- Food: Food vendors will not be at the event. There are several options near the gym to grab some food if needed.
Event Day Map:
Official Cool Down Party:
623 Denver Ave
Loveland, Colorado 80537