COVID BTC Updates
Please note, any of the following is subject to change as determined by the Colorado Governor, State of Colorado and Larimer County.
As new information becomes available we will use this webpage as the most up to date source of information for COVID BTC Updates.
Larimer County now meets the Yellow Level metric requirements for the Colorado Dial framework as of February 6th. This means we are able to increase capacity. All other guidelines remain the same. Let us know if you have any questions.
Due to the Governor of Colorado’s most recent mandate, we’ll be masking up inside until further notice. Per the Statewide Mask Order: Do I have to wear a mask when I exercise indoors? If you are exercising with a group of people in a public indoor space, then yes, you must wear a mask.
We are going to continue to not allow children at classes during this time to keep the class size capped at 10 members plus Coach. Thank you to everyone for your continued support.
Gyms may reopen per the approved Larimer County variance provided they can meet and maintain all the applicable requirements. What this means for Big Thompson CrossFit:
- Members must wear face coverings when entering the establishment and at all times except when a face covering inhibits the participants ability to participate in a fitness activity (such as during the workout).
- Members must be screened for COVID-19 symptoms upon entering the building.
- 6 feet social distancing between members and equipment must continue to be maintained.
- All members will be asked to do their part by disinfecting before and after each equipment use, maintaining safe social distance, staying home when sick, and enrolling in the class they choose to attend using the Pike13 client app.
- We will continue to limit class size.
- Members can work on mobility after class provided 6 feet social distancing is maintained and equipment is disinfected before and after each use.
Membership holds will be removed Monday, June 1st. If you have any questions please reach out to us. Jeff@bigthompsoncrossfit.com or Shawna@bigthompsoncrossfit.com
Due to the current guidelines set forth by the Governor, State and Larimer County we will have several 2 hour classes on Saturday, May 23 beginning at 8 am for Murph. You will need to enroll in the class you plan to attend on the Pike13 client app. We will not be holding our traditional post-Murph potluck this year.
***Note: If you plan to do Murph at BTC this year we need to see you in class over the next 2 weeks. Your first class back to the gym cannot be Murph***
We will be closed on Monday, May 25 for Memorial Day.
Members using the outside workout area behind the gym are not required to wear a mask. A mask is needed when entering the building and anytime you go inside. You will still need to maintain 6 feet social distancing and there will be no shared equipment during the class. We will continue with equipment and building sanitation measures already in place.
The newest directive from the Governor is the Safer at Home Phase. Although the State has given no real clear indication of a reopen date for gyms, Larimer County has communicated that personal training with small groups will be allowed at this time following strict precautions guidelines.
Here is an outline of our Safer at Home Phase plans for Big Thompson CrossFit. Coaches will be required to follow these guidelines in order for us to stay open during this time.
- We will reopen Monday, May 4th
- Classes will be updated in our membership software Pike13 to accommodate groups of 10 or less, meaning 9 athletes plus 1 Coach.
- You will need to pre-register for class using the Pike13 Client App. This includes pre-registering for Open Gym.
- If you pre-register for class and cannot make that time please cancel your registration in advance of class to ensure all members have an opportunity to workout.
- In preparation for this, go to the App Store and download the App for your phone.
- In the short term, we cannot allow kids to come to the gym with you.
- No dogs are allowed in the gym during this time as well.
- Workouts will be managed by the Coach to ensure 6 feet of social distancing is maintained between members as well as members and the Coach.
- We will not be doing workouts with shared equipment, such as climbing ropes.
- You will have a designated workout area and you will be responsible for sanitizing your area and equipment before and after the workout.
- Strength Club is temporarily suspended for the time being to allow for a 6:30 pm CrossFit class on those days.
- We are adding an additional Saturday class time. Saturday classes will be at 10 am and 11:30 am.
Below are some additional items we want you to prepare for. Keep in mind, these are all measures we must take to ensure the safety of our members and Coaches as well as the long term viability of Big Thompson CrossFit.
- Coaches will record their temperatures each day before class. Any Coach with a temperature > 100°F will not be able to Coach that day.
- Coaches and Members must wear a mask.
- Maintain social distancing while you are waiting to be checked in by the Coach. Class members will be checked in one at a time.
- Members will have to answer the following screening questions each day:
- Have you had a cough?
- Have you had a fever?
- Have you been around anyone with these symptoms in the past 14 days?
- Are you living with someone who is sick or quarantined?
- Members will be asked to wash their hands as they enter the gym.
- If you or anyone in your house is sick, do not come to the gym. We will deny you entry.
- The front door will be locked at the start of every class. You can still safely exit through the back doors, but no entry will be allowed if it is past the class start time.
- You must enter the front door to enter the building.
- You must exit to the rear of the building after your class.
- We will have 4 designated workout spaces inside the gym and 5 designated workout spaces behind the gym in our outdoor workout area. All participants of the class will not be able to workout inside, be prepared to workout outside.
- No extra work or mobility will be allowed after your class time.
- Consider bringing your own towel for sweat and equipment clean up.
- We will be selling chalk for $3 if you would like to use it or you may bring your own. You will have to keep your chalk in a zip lock bag or storage container for your own personal use. You will need to be responsible for bringing your personal chalk each day. No liquid chalk please.
- All memberships payments have been placed on hold for April and May.
- If you would like to return to BTC during the Safer at Home Phase upon your first visit your membership payment hold will be lifted and your monthly payments will resume. The system will automatically prorate your membership payments for a partial month.
- If you have any questions about this please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are all in this together. We cannot emphasize enough how important it is to have patience with us as we work to lead you all through this. We will be strictly following the guidelines set forth by the Colorado Governor, the State and Larimer County. We realize this is a very dramatic change to how we operate and there will no doubt be some things to get used to in the short term. Please prepare to follow these rules as we don’t want to put anyone in a place to have to make difficult decisions. We love and miss all of the BTC Community.
Pike13 Client App Details:
- The Pike13 Client app is available for iOS and Android.
- Classes are easily accessible via the Pike13 Client App.
- Clients can select a date and a list of all classes, along with how many open spots will display.
How to Enroll in a class or course as a client:
- Click or tap Schedule.
- If you don’t see the date you want, click or tap the calendar button , and then click or tap the date you want.
- Find the class or course you want, and then click or tap + Enroll.
- Click or tap Confirm.
We will only be releasing classes a week at a time to prevent someone from pre-registering for classes a month or more at a time. We would like to give everyone an opportunity to come to class as available.
Members can also pre-register for classes via a web-browser on any device. LINK
Fort Carson Spartan Sprint
This event was cancelled by the Spartan Race. Please reference your email from Spartan Race to defer your event free of charge by June 30th.
- All memberships payments have been placed on hold for April and May
- If you have any questions about this please reach out to email@example.com
Our annual Murph event scheduled for Saturday, May 23 will likely be much different than previous years. Tentatively we are planning to have several heats for Murph in which members must pre-register for while adhering to any guidelines in place, such as strict precautions. The post Murph BBQ and social will be dependent on Colorado Governor, State of Colorado and Larimer County guidelines. 🇺🇸
The 2020 BTC Spring Hopper scheduled for Saturday, June 6th is being postponed due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the ban of large gatherings in the state. We have not set a new date for the competition. Our hope is we would be able to hold the event at the end of the Summer or early Fall. We will keep you posted as more information becomes available.
Big Thompson CrossFit is closed in an effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus per Public Health Order 20-22. We will continue to post daily workouts that can be completed at home. The workouts will be posted on the WOD Blog, Facebook and Instagram. We encourage you all to use our use our private Facebook Group BTC Community to post your scores. For movements that need home modifications we will be providing videos on our extremely awesome YouTube channel, WOD Blog and Facebook.
Keep in mind, these are all guidelines set forth by the Colorado Governor, the State of Colorado and Larimer County. We must follow these guidelines to ensure the safety of our members and Coaches as well as the long term viability of Big Thompson CrossFit.
We appreciate your understanding during this unprecedented time. Stay well! 👊