- This event has passed.
January 28 - February 24$25
Welcome to the #800gChallenge! We are partnering with OptimizeMe Nutrition for a 4-week nutrition challenge to start 2019 off right. Read below for all the details and mark your calendar for the Member Talk on Wednesday, January 23rd at 5pm.
Eat 800 grams (g) of fruits and vegetables a day. No foods are off-limits, but you only count your fruits and vegetables towards challenge points. Raw, cooked, canned, frozen; doesn’t matter! If you can weigh it as a standalone and unprocessed fruit or vegetable, you can count it. What counts and does not count? The nitty-gritty rule specifics can be found here.
You can eat the fruits and vegetables you like while adhering to other nutritional targets. Your choices can be higher carb, lower carb, all fruit, perfect Paleo: it’s up to you.
So why 800g? It’s associated with increased health and is a simplified way to hit those recommended servings of fruits and vegetables. Read more here.
Jan 28 – Feb 24
Wednesday, January 23rd at 5pm. Learn about the challenge and get your questions answered.
Points (you know we all love keeping score)
- 8 Possible Points/Day
- 4 points are awarded for eating 800 grams of fruits and/or vegetables in a day. You do not get extra points for any amount over 800g.
- 1 point is awarded for working out at Big Thompson CrossFit. A run on your own or workout in your home gym does not count. If you do the WOD and Strength Club that only counts as 1 point per day.
- 2 additional points are awarded for “diversity”: when 6 or more fruits and/or vegetables are used to hit your daily 800g total (where each of these 6+ items has to have a minimum of 25g). Hitting 800g is a day is a prerequisite to being eligible for this point.
- 1 point bonus. Must first hit 800 g to be eligible for the bonus point. Bonus points will be announced and changed weekly.
We will award one month of free membership to the person with the highest point total at the end of the 4 weeks. We’ll also have runner-up prizes.
- $25 per person
- You must sign up by midnight on Thursday, January 24.
- Further instructions for score logging will be emailed on Friday, January 25.
- BTC members’ spouses, significant others or roommates can play along, too. Get the whole house onboard to stay motivated throughout the challenge.
- The same rules apply, except no workout points are awarded and there is no prize in the unaffiliated group.